Solid Waste & Recycling Regulations
SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING COLLECTION REGULATIONS
SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENCE
- The Town will charge a monthly fee of $13.00 per month for each SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENCE.
- The fee includes 1 trash bag per week – no sticker required.
- Curbside trash pickup will be every week and recycling pick up every other week.
- Trash stickers will be required for each ADDITIONAL bag of trash.
MULTI FAMILY RESIDENCE
- The Town will charge a monthly fee of $9.00 per month for each MULTI FAMILY RESIDENCE.
- ALL BAGS WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A TRASH STICKER.
- Curbside trash pickup will be every week and recycling pickup every other week.
- Trash stickers can be purchased for $2.00 per sticker.
- Each property will be supplied with ONE recycling bin.
- Multi – family property owners can request additional bins if required.
- There is NO CHARGE for the recycling bin(s).
- The Town will deliver the bin(s) to your house or apartment.
- Residents will be allowed to “Opt-Out” of the program for any reason.
- If you opt-out the Town WILL NOT be picking up curbside recycling OR trash bags at your property.
- To opt-out of the program, a property owner will be required to fill out an Opt-Out Form.
- Multi-Family property owners may opt out for the entire property, units will not be allowed to opt out individually.
- Contact the DPW to Opt-In at any time.
- The monthly fee will be ADDED to your Quarterly Water Bill as a SEPARATE charge.
- On each Quarterly Water Bill will be the fee for 3 months of collection service.
- The program is billed on a monthly basis.
- The Town will NOT pro-rate any unused portion of the monthly fee.
- To qualify for a reduced fee you must be over 70 years old and be financially qualified to receive a personal exemption by the Clinton Board of Assessors Office.